viernes, 19 de noviembre de 2010

The Grays "Both Belong"


Grupo/Interprete: The Grays
Canción: Both Belong
Disco: Ro Sham Bo
Estilo: Pop Rock Alternativo

The Grays es un experimento musical formado por:
Jon Brion, productor musical, cantautor y multinstrumentista; Jason Falkner, ex-miembro de The Three O´clock y Jellyfish. Sólo publicaron un disco "Ro sham Bo" (1994)




This man climbs another step and wonders if his life is worth the living he hasn't done much of
Denying any notion that emotion may be token for nostalgia A gesture all the same

He's got his private wars just like the million other wars
That keep you and I from getting where we both belong, both belong

'Cause I see you making eyes with yourself again
Shaking hands with invisible friends
Looking 'round for encouragement
No not me I'm just hangin', hangin' 'round for a new thrill
'Cause I'm tired of the old ones
And I can't be the only one
Whose in life there's some sunshine, yeah

And baby you're a tough one but your love has long forgotten how to scratch its way from such a guarded heart
One day you'll realize that nothing sticks from nothing and go write a book that no one ever reads

You've got your private wars just like the million other wars
That keep you and I from getting where we both belong, both belong

'Cause I see you making eyes with yourself again
Shaking hands with invisible friends
Looking 'round for encouragement
No not me I'm just hangin', hangin' 'round for a new thrill
'Cause I'm tired of the old ones
And I can't be the only one
Who's in life there's some sunshine, yeah

Don't try to understand
Or offer your gentle hand
To me...to me...

'Cause you are not alone in wonderin' how you got so far from home
When every memory you own is beggin' for your time
But you're running out of sand
As you clutch the feeble hands
And embrace the thing referred to as the past

And I see you making eyes with yourself again
Shaking hands with invisible friends
Looking 'round for encouragement
No not me I'm just hangin', hangin' 'round for a new thrill
'Cause I'm tired of the old ones
And I can't be the only one
Whose in life there's some sunshine

No hay comentarios: